When: Sunday, July 26th from 7:15pm to 8:45pm
Where: 1340 S De Anza Blvd. Suite 204, San Jose, CA 95129
Contact: 408-366-2204, 408-480-7547, firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance and business can be a lucrative and prestigious career path, but is also extremely competitive for those who strive to be the best. Drawing on firsthand experience and from conversations with hundreds of business professionals, Northwestern University rising senior James Hu will share his thoughts on major selection, the internship recruitment process, and career planning.
What high school seniors and their parents will get out of this workshop:
- An overview to the opportunities available in finance and business
- How to select a strong major for the common app
- Learn which schools have the strongest Wall Street connections
- The secret way to get internships and work experience in the industry of your choice
- Insight into how James achieved success in business opportunities and built a large professional network from the very beginning of college
- Get an advantage in internship recruitment and ultimately get a JOB in business and finance
James Hu is a rising senior at Northwestern University, where he is double-majoring in Economics and Music Theory and has completed the Financial Economics Certificate from the Kellogg School of Management. James is pursuing a career in proprietary trading and in three years at college he has accomplished the following:
- Interned at top firms in New York, Chicago, the Bay Area, and Miami
- Finalist in the Accenture U.S. Innovation Challenge
- Finalist in the Nielsen Holdings Case Competition
- Exclusive recipient of the 2013 Dorothy Vetter Scholarship
- Co-Founder of Sheridan Road Records, independent music label
James has also achieved top leadership positions in many of his extracurricular activities, and has
earned his position on the Dean’s List for two majors and a minor as well as interning part-time in Chicago during the school year. He has taken advantage of the opportunities available to him and has built up hundreds of connections not only at school but also all over the world. Come prepared with your own questions – with James’s broad experience, he will provide insight into many subjects.
Seats are limited and fill up quickly. Register soon!