Time: 8/16 – 11/1, Sundays, 1:30 to 3:30pm, $600(12 sessions)
Address: 1340 S De Anza Blvd. Suite 204, San Jose, CA 95129
The instructor Eddie Zhang’s students have seen score increases of 200 points within 4 weeks. They have all scored between 730 to 800.
Every student takes a diagnostic test before the first class to identify areas in which they need most focus. Outside of class, we will give students a weekly practice test in addition to questions specific to the week’s topic. Class lectures will cover every subject but address some more than others according to student needs. For the final three weeks, students will take at least two practice tests each week and class will be tailored to answering individual question and reviewing problem areas.
- 8/16 and 8/23: Cellular and molecular biology (15% on E and 27% on M) Cell structure and organization, mitosis, photosynthesis, cellular respiration, enzymes, biosynthesis, biological chemistry
- 8/30: Ecology (23% on E and 13% on M) Energy flow, nutrient cycles, populations, communities, ecosystems, biomes, conservation biology, biodiversity, effects of human intervention
- 9/6 and 9/13: Genetics (15% on E and 20% on M) Meiosis, Mendelian genetics, inheritance patterns, molecular genetics, population genetics
- 9/20, 9/27, and 10/4: Organismal biology (25% on E and 25% on M) Structure, function, and development of organisms (with emphasis on plants and animals), animal behavior
- 10/11 and 10/18: Evolution and diversity (22% on E and 15% on M) Origin of life, evidence of evolution, patterns of evolution, natural selection, speciation, classification and diversity of organisms
- 10/25, 11/1: Review
Oct. 3th and Nov. 7th test date
About SAT Biology II:
The SAT Biology subject test is a 60 minute exam with 80 questions.
It measures your understanding of the major concepts of Biology and your ability to use these principles to solve specific problems.
Although taking the SAT Biology Subject Test is not a compulsory criteria in the admission requirements of some universities, taking it can help you demonstrate your interests and showcase your strengths in the subject.
*The SAT Biology subject test is offered in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, May and June
*Calculator use is not permitted .
*Problem solving may requires simple numerical calculations (you need to know Algebra, trigonometry, etc) .
*Measurements are expressed according to the metric system.
*Experience in the laboratory is recommended.
*Take Biology E(Ecological) if you are comfortable answering questions about biological communities, populations and energy flow.
*Take Biology M(Molecular) if are comfortable answering questions about biochemistry, cellular structure and processes, such as respiration and photosynthesis.
*Fill the appropriate section on your answer sheet for the test you have chosen and make sure you indicate whether it’s Biology E or Biology M.
*You cannot take both tests on the same test date, but you can take them on two different test dates.
*The SAT Biology subject test reflects what is normally taught in high school.However, due to differences in high school classes, some students will find questions on topics they’re not familiar with. This is nothing to worry about. You do not have to get every question correct to receive a perfect score (800) for the test. Many students do well despite not having studied every topic covered.