2015福布斯美国大学排行榜第一）Aurora 毕业于一所规模很小，学业很普通的基督教高中King’s Academy。
她的分享会包括她的reading list 读书清单，她的选课和GPA，标准考试AP／SAT，课外活动，
Liberal Arts Colleges
The liberal arts college as an alternative to large public or private research universities has risen more and more to prominence in the past few years. Some top ranking liberal arts colleges such as Williams, Amherst, Swarthmore and Pomona offer an even better option for many top students than attending an Ivy League universities.
What is the hype over LACs (liberal arts colleges) and what does this mean for applicants today?
How can students evaluate what is right for them and prepare for admissions at these highly regarded colleges?
Register the seminar now.
Address: 1340 S De Anza Blvd. Suite 204, San Jose, CA 95129
Time: 8/9/15，Sunday, 7:00 to 9:00pm
Fee: $30/person. $50/two family members
In this seminar you will learn:
- What is a liberal arts education, and how is it valuable in today’s world?
- What liberal arts colleges are truly looking for in an applicant
- How to focus on your strengths and not try to become somebody else
- Practicing your passions–or how passions aren’t magically “found”
- Making the most of the resources you have at your school
- What to think about when writing your college essays
- How to find and preserve adult mentors in your life
About the speaker:
Aurora Zhang (class of 2015) attended a small, private high school, where there were very few competitive opportunities available. It’s this experience in the nurturing environment of a small school that she was able to learn to communicate effectively with both students and teachers, becoming a leader in her school in her own way, despite having always been introverted and shy.
She was accepted Early Decision to Pomona College, ranked #1 of all national colleges and universities this year by Forbes, and consistently ranked in the top 4 liberal arts colleges by US News.
- Accepted to Pomona Early Decision
- Editor in chief and founder of school literary magazine
- Ranked in national top 5 for the Wordwright reading comprehension competition
- Semifinalist in the North American Computational Linguistics Olympiad twice in the past 2 years
- Made AIME for 2 years