Science Bowl Training for Middle School Students
Why Science Bowl?
Science Bowl helps students further their interests in science, as well as provide an intellectually stimulating atmosphere to interact productively with other students and communicate ideas effectively. Additionally, Science Bowl encourages students to excel in science and mathematics and pursue careers in those fields.
Program Description: This course aims to prepare students for the Science Bowl competition. It contains both lecture and practice round components. Students will be taught Life Science, Physical Science, Earth Science, Energy, Mathematics, and General Science. The coach will work heavily on reinforcing science knowledge in the listed categories as well as improving buzzing strategies and time management necessary for science bowl.
Address: 1340 S. De Anza Blvd., Suite 204, San Jose, CA, 95129
Time: 6/29/2014 to 8/31/2014, Sunday 1:30 to 3:30pm
Registration: CLICK HERE
Age Limit: Preferably 6th – 8th graders
Fee: $40/session. Two hours per session.
James Ma is a recently graduated senior of Lynbrook High School who will be attending Yale University this fall, majoring an undeclared science. Some of his achievements include:
- One of 100 Yale “likely letter” recipients for strength in STEM fields
- Research intern at various labs (Stanford, ASU)
- Founder of Science Fair Mentorship program for middle school students
- President (12), Treasurer (11) of Science Club
- Captain of Varsity Science Bowl team
- Physics Bowl Team – First Place
- Physics Olympiad Semifinalist
- Numerous science fair awards